I decided to copy my Secret Pal information over here and added/changed a few little things (nothing major though).
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibres)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I prefer the natural fibres, but I can (and have) knit just plain acrylic. Although having now handled a skein of Noro Silk Garden ....?
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I crochet and eventually I’d like to teach myself to spin.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibres, perfume, etc.) I have sensitive skin and I tend to sneeze when too close to mohair. I have hay fever and asthma and a nickel allergy. Oh, and I can only wear expensive perfumes! Not really an allergy but I’m a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Read here about what that entails.
4. How long have you been knitting? I started when I was about seven, gave up, and started again about two years ago. And I love it!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon one here.
6. What's your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love Patchouli scents – dark, musky, that kind of thing.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? I would say I have a bitter-sweet tooth. I love nougat (especially the stuff with nuts in – just not walnuts though), strawberries, liquorice allsorts and Morello cherries.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I sew and I love woodworking (neither are really very portable - hence the knitting).
10. What's your favourite colour? Or--do you have a colour family/season/palette you prefer? I like most colours – I don’t really like LOTS of bright yellow. I love purple, and green, and red, and beige.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am single and I have two part-time cats (one belongs to my left-hand neighbour and the other to my right-hand neighbour).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To have reasonably good health for the rest of my life (oh, and become a dictator to a small country!)
22. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I’d have to say Fry or Leela from Futurama cartoon-wise and I love frogs.
23. What is your favorite holiday?
I don’t really ‘do’ holidays, but I love spring and summer time.
24. Is there anything that you collect?
Frogs! Pencil toppers, cute little frog toys, frog plant waterers ... I’ll have to take a picture one of theses days.
Other knitting stuff: I currently subscribe to “Knitting” magazine (the only UK-based magazine there is), I recently found a copy of "Vogue International" and love it, and I’ve just joined Rowan International.
Other non-knitting stuff I like: frogs, roses, ‘
Books I own:
Knitting in Vogue (#1)
Knitting without Tears by
Knitting from the top by
Designing Knitwear by D.
Domino Knitting by
Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook
Rowan Calmer pattern booklet (not really a book, I know)Harmony Guides: 220 Aran Stitches and 250 Creative Stitches.
Noro Collection 2 by Cornelia Hamilton