Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Amble-ing along

Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Mariposa:





You are kidding, right? How long does it take to knit a couple of straight straps for a tank top?

Apparently, the answer is "Longer than you'd think". I seem to have lost my motivation (if you find it can you post it back to me) and I can't seem to finish this stinking thing. I'm trying. I really am.


Sockapal2za:



And because all knitters love to see the inside of stuff:



A couple more rounds of the pattern and I'll be ready for the heels. These may become my "Lost" socks (thank you Channel 4!)

Cotton Angora vs. Tempting:



And showing the mock in-the-round how-to:



The yarn won and the garment lost. Absolutely no stretch what-so-ever. Rethink ahoy! My thought's go along the following lines: Tivoli (from Grumperina), Laverne (Berroco) or Shapely Tank (Whiteliesdesigns). The theme? Simple, stocking stitch tops with shaping, that I can wear a proper bra under.

Toys:

I took delivery of a Jean Greenhowe book this morning. I am truly a girl now. I plan to knit the Tospy-Turvy doll to show happy & well/unhappy & ill, just to give everyone a fair duck-and-cover warning!





Random:

White Stripes - best thing since the Beatles or a case of the Emporer's New Clothes: discuss.


I do/I don't:



Ahh, Ha! Thought I'd forgotten about this, didn't ya! I'm now just a few repeats off finishing the first sleeve. It needs a serious blocking. Any advice for blocking a cotton/acrylic mix?


And finally:

Amble (Six Sox KAL):

This pattern is definately not TV knitting. I have to actually concentrate on these. I'm finding the Left Twist difficult, but since they are for my mum, I'm carrying on bravely!



By the way, this yarn is like knitting with cream. It is so incredibly soft. Mmmmmm......

EDIT: Doh! It helps if you actually mention the yarn that knits like cream: Regia Silk that I got from Opitec UK.
12:27 pm :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Not a White Stripes fan here. I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one who lost motivation on Mariposa, despite it being a cute top.

    What yarn are you using for Amble? I'm still trying to find something.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 16 August, 2005  
  • Your sockapal2za socks are really pretty. I've been surfing blogland looking at all the pretty socks hoping that I'll be their recipient. What fun this exchange is. I know what you mean about Lost. I got hooked last season. I can't wait for the next season to start. I hope it's a fall show and not a spring show here in the US.

    By Blogger Lou Schiela, at Wednesday, 17 August, 2005  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink