Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Ready, sock, knit!

Friday, June 17, 2005
Well, I have my match for the Sockapal-2-za sock exchange programme. I also have the perfect sock yarn in my stash too! Now, for a pattern ...



Do I go simple to show off the yarn, or do I go a little bit flash? Oohh .... {thinks} I think I have the ideal one. A slight aside, my sock pal and I have exactly the same sized feet. And I mean exactly; length, width, everything. Do-do-do-do-do-do-do - enter the Twightlight Zone!

The person knitting socks for me has made "First Contact" too. I should warn you; no-one has ever knit socks for me before, and I may cry!

In knitterly knews, I've cast on for Mariposa (my T.V./waiting room knitting).



I'm really liking the pattern and it's working up quite quickly. The yarn details 'n' stuff are on the project page.

I've made a few more rows on the Lotus Blossom shawl, but it's getting quiet repetitive now (see picture in last post and add a few rows!)

I've ripped and re-knit the progress I had made on the Six Sox latest, Chutes & Ladders, (waaaayyy too big!). I'm now knitting them on 2.25 mm needles and 60 stitches.



I know that you can't actually see that they are the C&L socks, but they are, really!

I decided on a garter stitch cuff for two reasons; 1: I don't like a binding cuff and 2: I don't like doing ribbing in the round on teeny needles.

Now for a "shout out". Are there any knitters in the Gwynedd (Dolgellau, Barmouth, Tywyn) area? I'm going on my annual pilgrimage soon and I'd love not to be the only knitter on the sea front! Leave a comment or email me if you know anyone (or you are someone)!

Well, as of Monday I will be simultaneously knitting, learning about Marine Biogeochemical cycles in the ocean and watching Wimbledon. Come On Tim! (or, more likely, come on Federer!)
7:35 am :: ::
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink