Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Nothin'

Wednesday, April 27, 2005
But a shirt, that is!

I really like working with the Calmer yarn, although it is quite slippery. I've also discovered a few places where the yarn has snapped (I'm hoping that this is a one off).

I'm working the waist decreases two stitches in from the edge and I really like the way they are working up. (You can view larger versions of all the pictures in this post by clicking on them. The wonders of JavaScript and Peatbogfaery)



It's also going quite quickly. I put this down to a mixture of a simple pattern, shaping (making it less boring) and the combination method of knitting.

I've also made a start on Martha. One hundred and sixty three blinkin' stitches! What was I thinking?



I was a little concerned that the tension seemed to be a bit loose. So, I cast on 30 stitches, made a "tension rectangle" and washed it.




I will wait and see...

Someone on the Ample Knitter's list mentioned that (at the very least) it looked quite similar to this cardigan from Cabin Fever (#404 - Checkmate Cardigan). Hmm.... There are differences in the actual pattern and I don't think that a generic stitch pattern can be copywritten, so nothing illegal has occurred, but quite interesting none-the-less.

I'm considering knitting Mariposa from the latest issue of Knitty. For once, I actually have the yarn in my stash:



King Cole cheap-as cotton/acrylic Stonewash Denim in Red Denim and Sirdar Sorrento in Party Pink. However, I only need 900 m of the denim yarn for Mariposa, but I have 1450 m (1600 yds). This would mean that I'd only be able to make another short sleeved/sleeveless top from the remaining amount. I also have in mind for it a really simple top-down raglan jumper, so I now have to make a decision. For those interested, there is a knit-along kicking off at the end of May.

Oh, and my secret pal (Hi - waves hand in a manic, restraining-order, kind of way) has contacted me and said that my last parcel will get to me by the deadline (end of April) so that the customs forms don't totally give it away! I'm all done with the parcel-giving and I'm preparing for the "reveal". I've decided against going in for Secret Pal 5 because it will coincide with my exams, and I don't need any more distractions.
4:20 am :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink