Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Two steps forward, one step back

Monday, March 07, 2005
Well, progress has been made on Brigitte and the Stashbuster Spiral socks, and I've also cast on for "Blaze". However, the work done on the socks was all for nothing in the end. I didn't check my tension (slap my wrists!) and I ended up getting 9.5 sts/1" instead of 8 sts. I also worked out that I would need about 100 rows to make the length of my foot! It was at that point that I check the pattern (oops!).

So, anyway, I took a picture for posterity:



And the new (better for me) toe:



Short row, garter stitch, 64 stitches in total.

The progress on Brigitte has been all on the back (wow - 54 cm has never seen so long!):



And casting on for one sleeve from Blaze:

With flash:



With daylight lamp/without flash:



I can't seem to get a good picture of the "Zeal" colour of the Rowan Calmer. It appears to suck the light into itself and makes me go a bit ~#][{/> (there doesn't appear to be an appropriate word in English, so that will have to do). The link to the knitty.com pattern is here.

I hope to have the first sock done by the middle of next week, but we'll see. In the meantime, I'm learning more than I ever needed to know about TB and syphilis (part of my university work, not a hobby!).

Edit: if, in the past, you've wanted to leave a comment but not been a member of Blogger, you had to leave an anonymous comment. Well, they've now changed it so that even if you don't have a Blogger account, you can still leave a comment as "you". Just chose "other" from the choice of three in the comments box that pops up. Much better! Comment away, dear reader.
7:07 pm :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Your socks are looking great so far. I can't wait to see the finished product. It's too bad about all the ripping.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 09 March, 2005  
  • Eww, shucks - thank you! Psst - don't tell my mum, but they are for her birthday at the end of the month ;o)

    By Blogger AmyP, at Wednesday, 09 March, 2005  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink