Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

I swear, Officer, I was just going to knit few rows

Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Oops!



That is the start (middle?) of the Lotus Blossom Shawl knit in Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport in Iris Garden (phew!).

I finished both my Star Trek socks and the longline cardigan I called Brigitte:

Socks with clematis still life!



One half of the zip on the cardigan.



Considering that fact that I'd never sewn a zip into anything knitted before, I think I did alright.



So, I have a poll for you all (or y'all?!)

I have some yarn called King Cole Woolmix 2000. It's an acrylic/wool mix in a DK weight (which I'm willing to double up to get Aran, or knit slightly loose to get worsted). The colour is called Oatmeal: it's cream with flecks of green, red and brown in it. The question I know pose to you is: what should I knit with it?

The thoughts so far are: Ubernatural (worked to my own finer gauge and with long sleeves), Simply Marilyn (worked as an Aran-weight), or another cardigan, or another jumper/sweater, or something else entirely. If you pick any of the last three, would you mind dropping me a line in the comments to give me a pattern suggestion?

I'm looking for an Autumn/winter/early spring garment that will suit me. I'm looking for a free pattern (or inspiration for one I can design myself), so suggest away!











What should I knit with the King Cole Woolmix 2000?
Ubernatural
Simply Marylin
Another cardigan
Another jumper/sweater
Something else (leave a comment)


  

Free polls from Pollhost.com


Next time: I might have actually got around to knitting anything on Martha, and I will have finished NBaT (as all the cool kids are calling it!)
1:06 pm :: ::
2 Comments:
  • why not consider sitcom chic from knitty
    http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTsitcomchic.html
    CHeers
    nat
    knittingnatty.typepad.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 04 June, 2005  
  • Ahh! Funny you should say that. It is on my list of "Things to knit".

    Hmm..... [goes off to think about it]

    By Blogger AmyP, at Sunday, 05 June, 2005  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink