Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Oooooo-kay!

Saturday, February 04, 2006
So, my pattern is likely to be in the next issue of Magknits. That's fine - it was alway likey that it would be the March edition. However, after reading Kerrie's recent blog entry about people just complaining and making personal attacks, I'm not sure I'm ready for this. Hopefully, nobody will notice my pattern, no-one will make it and I'll be able to live peacefully and quietly. Except, I've got another pattern that will be in the June issue (swatch below) that I'm assuming will get more interest. :sigh: What have I let myself in for?

Jaywalker:

Look - heal-age!






I love the way the colours pool on in the heel flap. I'm only doing a short sock, so I should be finished in the next week (!).

Magknits June pattern:

I'll leave little clues from now until then. First up:



The next clue will be what the yarn is!

Randomness:

Does anyone know of a clean, easy, cheap and legal way of getting rid of noisy neighbours? I've just about had enough. Blegh.

I'm doing a little better, healthwise, and I'm actually managing a bit more than the past few weeks efforts; "Get up. Have breakfast. Go back to bed. Rest. Knit a row. Listen to the radio. Rest. Watch Friends. Go to sleep." I actually went outside today and walked (for about 1/4 of a mile with the aid of my funky purple crutches, but it's still progress!)

Word Cloud:


Found via somewhere I can't even remember - probably Wendy


Right - I'm off to email my tutor with my idea for my project report on the prevention of HIV transmission from mothers to babies.



Edited to Add: Oh - I completely forgot - I'm going to be a cousin! My uncle got married at the end of last month and in six months time, he'll be a dad (you can do the maths, I think!) The little girl will be half scientist, half accountant. I think we'll get on just fine! And it means I'll finally get a real baby I know to knit for! Yay!
12:26 pm :: ::
4 Comments:
  • If it is an help I have had two patterns published by Kerrie so far and I haven't had any nasty comments from anyone (yet)- but then again perhaps no one noticed/wants to knit them :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 03 February, 2006  
  • I'm glad you are feeling better!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Saturday, 04 February, 2006  
  • It's much easier to bag on someone else's work than to go out and design a good pattern yourself. I'd consider the source. You've got my respect for doing the work to write up a pattern and for putting it out there. A lot of people haven't done as much.

    By Blogger Terby, at Saturday, 04 February, 2006  
  • Congrats on getting stuff in Magknits! Don't worry about the bitches and losers. The only way to avoid criticism is to never do anything at all, and what would be the point of that? I look forward to seeing your designs! :)

    By Blogger Mandy, at Sunday, 05 February, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink