Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

B is for ...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006
31-12-05 002

Boob cake!


I made this for my brother's birthday at the end of December. It's basically two muffins stuck on a plate with some icing over it - but he loved it!

B is also for ...





Brilliant new hairdo!


The highlights are a kind of caramel colour (hmm... caramel...) and the hair is a lot shorter than it was - about time too!

Knitting?

Why yes, there is:





It's the I Do shrug. D'ya remember her? The 21st of August was when she last made an appearance. All of that progress you see is from Saturday evening when I cast on. Why has it taken me this long to get going again? Oh, yeah, exams, my mum's cardigan, socks ...

Jaywalker

The Jaywalker socks have moved on a little, but not enough to photograph. I've learnt that I can only work on them for about 10 minutes at a time and then I have to take a wee break. I'm not sure whether it's because of the needle size or the needle material.
I'm normally a 2s2c gal, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'd be better off on d.p.n.? I've got my hands on some wooden skewers that are about 3mm in diameter, so I'll file them down and try making some socks with my Lorna's Laces left over (2 and a half skeins) from the Lotus Blossom shawl.

Promises update:

So far, so good on my bendable promises. No yarn of any sort has been purchased, I put the Arien Pattern up and I'm up to date with my uni work. OK, so I've not actually started the uni work yet, but lets not split hairs!

Ta, ta!
9:53 pm :: ::
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink