Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

I love my Secret Pal

Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Well, I know she's an Aussie (assuming she is a she!) and I also know that "they" are amazing! She is a last-minute "Angel" and boy has she done well! Picture first, then a list:



4 skeins of Silk garden,
1 ball of a hand-dyed slub yarn (100% totally Australian, mate!)
1 ball of Opal cotton sock yarn (hmmm....)
1 miniature bookbinding kit
2 sets of old UK-sized double pointed needles (a girl can never have too many needles)
1 book of pure, unadulterated SOCKS!
A pattern for a hand-crocheted scarf (I've never seen anything like that before!)
A pattern for a beautiful shawl/stole
Some froggy chocolates! (see this entry for why)
And a lovely postcard that (to me anyway) looks like eucalyptus leaves from a distance.

So, I'm thinking of wrist warmers from the slubby wool yarn, some lacy socks from the Opal, possibly a waistcoat or shawl from the Silk Garden.

Progress on Christmas gifts: I've done with the second sleeve on my Dad's raglan and I'm now on to the body (and I'm getting nervous about the amount of yarn I've got left), Mum's waistcoat is going slowly, the Mystery item #2 hasn't moved a single stitch, neither has the scarf.

Ta, Ta, for now.

Added: 01/12/04
Hello Secret Pal 3.2! I just recieved an email from SP 3.1 re. the book, and you are quite right that I didn't know there were two of you! I really feel spoilt now! Thank you both!
1:08 pm :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Wow, that got there super quick!!! Glad you like it all. Enjoy the slubby - it's really soft and beautiful, and wrist warmers would look fabulous in them!! Secret Angel X

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 30 November, 2004  
  • Hehehe - betcha didn't know there are 2 of us!! like the book? - that's from me, your SP3 V2.2! Keep an eye out, I don't think the postie is finished with you yet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 01 December, 2004  
  • Hehehe - betcha didn't know there are 2 of us!! like the book? - that's from me, your SP3 V2.2! Keep an eye out, I don't think the postie is finished with you yet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 01 December, 2004  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink