Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

A Christmas FO

Wednesday, December 15, 2004
An FO to report (finally): Some mittens for my paternal grandmother (or Grannie, for short!).

Since she doesn't own a computer and no-one in the family knows about this blog, I feel free to post pictures and details in full.

The skinny:

Yarn: Stylecraft "Renaissance" in a heathery-purple.
Needles: 4.5 mm (this makes for a really firm and felted-look fabric)
Pattern: Lionbrand 2-needle mittens (Free PDF pattern here)

I was unsure about the amount of yarn I would need so, working both mittens at once from both ends of the ball, I cast on "above" the ribbing and picked up the necessary stitches after I'd done the main part and worked down from there. For the cast off I increased about six or seven stitches on the last row and cast these extra ones off as normal: this gave a little extra stretch for the cuffs.

The pictures:





A new project: Clapotis from Knitty, worked in the Silk Garden from Secret Pal 1. I'm loving this pattern right now! It feels so wrong to drop stitches - look at go: I'm a nasty knitter!


7:23 pm :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink