Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

C is for

Friday, February 10, 2006
Edited for clarrification: This isn't actually where I live (I wish I did). This is where I've holiday-ed since I was oohh, this high. My locale and associated scenary will be coming later in the alphabet!


map
Click for a bigger view.

Cregennan Lakes:

wales 7 020wales 7 019wales 7 018

The view from the lakes over the estuary:

Knitting On the top of a mountain

The view from Barmouth, across the Mawddach* estuary, up towards the lakes:

_39390207_barmouth300245


C is also for Cader Idris:

_39551574_idris300245

:sigh:

If there was electricity at the caravan, I'd stay there forever!

I once saw HRH Fergie and kids there. How did I know it was them? Lady with bright red hair, two girls with red hair and a bodyguard.

Oh - I just spellchecked this post! I don't think Blogger does Welsh!



Pronunciation:

*Maw-vuckh (sort of)
12:18 pm :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Beautiful. The viesa sort of remind me of home ( apart from you have mountains) did you know that Welsh and Guernsey French (patois) are very similar? My dad's boat's name meant Song of the sea in one and Music of the sea in the other (Telen Mor)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 08 February, 2006  
  • those pics are AWESOME - It's so weird how those places are magnetic and just pull you in. I need to go to the UK!!!!

    By Blogger JustApril, at Friday, 10 February, 2006  
  • Beautiful scenery! Even if you don't live there, I'm sure it must be nice to go. Wales is a place that I would like to go to sometime.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Tuesday, 14 February, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink