Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

I Do Shrug from knitty

Wednesday, March 29, 2006
I Do front

I Do pose with plant
The model in the pattern was posing with a flower. I chose a broad bean plant instead.

I Do back2
The colour is really off on this one!

I Do back

I Do grafting detail


I Do pattern detail
Close up of the pattern detail.

Click on any of the pictures to enlarge. You'll be re-directed to Flickr (photo host). To get back here, just use the back button on your browser.


Item name: I Do shrug
Recipient: Me
Pattern: I Do from knitty.com
Yarn: Sirdar Breeze DK (60% cotton, 40% acrylic) 216 g total (approx. 622 yds/570m)
Needles: 4 mm straights (one sleeve metal, and the other bamboo)
Size: Erm ... Mostly large I think!
Dates: June the 25th 2005 (!) to 28th of March 2006 (not constantly worked on).
Modifications: Yarn substitution and knit flat not in the round.
Notes and comments: After discovering that I couldn't do purl lace in the round, I converted it to knit in the flat. In retrospect, I should have added two edge stitches (I would have made seaming it a heck of a lot easier).
12:55 pm :: ::
12 Comments:
  • I have looked with want in my eyes at this shrug more than once...but maybe in the future....now I know who to hunt if/when I get stuck. Nice picture of a beatiful woman in a wonderful knit. I used to grow broadbeans long ago, they make wonderful soups when fresh....

    By Blogger StickLena =KnitLena, at Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
  • I think that's the first shrug I've seen that I actually like!

    You are SO CRAZY the broadbean! PAAA HHHAAAA HAAAAAA! hilarious b/c the look on your face is so serious.... omg

    By Blogger JustApril, at Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
  • That look really pretty :-)
    We must be psychic or something, my post today is about a shrug as well! ( but no broad beans I'm afraid

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
  • Wow, it looks fantastic!
    I've eyed this pattern too, but the purls kept me from knitting it(and well all the other projects I've got on the needles).
    I may come back to you to ask stupid questions should I ever attempt to knit this shrug.

    By Blogger javede, at Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
  • Love the shrug, the broad bean certainly adds a certain something! The new accessory of 2006 - I think so!

    By Blogger Heather, at Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
  • Love the shrug, and you look great in it.

    By Blogger Norah, at Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
  • Hi Amy,


    Gorgeous knitting on a gorgeous girl. Love your hair cut. The broad bean picture is hilarious!

    Virginia in Australia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
  • Your shrug is stunning on you Amy, well done!

    You asked about my Embossed Leaves socks...the pattern is from winter 2005 IK.

    Thanks for visiting!

    By Blogger Debi, at Thursday, 30 March, 2006  
  • Hello from Austria! Wow, that shrug is truly beautiful, suits you perfectly indeed! I'm a lace-knit-addict and this pattern is so gorgeous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 31 March, 2006  
  • FAB! Now *I* want to make one just like it! Knit flat and all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 31 March, 2006  
  • Lovely shrug and you look fab in it! Oh, and I think I prefer the broad bean - much more original and, besides, it made me smile and the flower didn't. ;-)

    By Blogger KnitYoga, at Friday, 31 March, 2006  
  • That shrug looks really good and you look fabulous in it! Great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, 02 April, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink