Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Jaywalkers - at last!

Sunday, February 12, 2006
jaywalker finished 003

jaywalker finished 004

jaywalker finished 001

jaywalker finished 005

jaywalker finished 006

Click on any of the pictures for a larger view.


Item name:Jaywalker socks
Recipient:ME!
Pattern:Jaywalker (toe-up variation)
Yarn:Knit Picks Dye-your-own + KoolAid dye in strawberry and orange
Needles: 2 x 2.25 mm circs and 2 x 2 mm circs
Size: The larger in the original (about 9" diameter)
Modifications: I worked the toe-up version found here, and did four rounds of garter stitch for the cuff (on the smaller needles). I also did the heel turn at twice the normal rate because I'd done too many rows in the foot portion. It's all good!
Notes and comments: I love these socks. I don't think I'd goes as far as Cara has (is it 7 and counting now?), but I can see myself knitting theses again sometime soon.

Technorati tags: , , , , ,
12:24 pm :: ::
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink