Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Excuse me, Madam, your inexperience is showing

Wednesday, April 05, 2006
I think I've taken on too much with this Acorn pattern. I found a massive error in one of the sizes, causing me to get my calculator out and twist my hair into knots. My test knitter (hi!) has also said that there are "quirks" in the pattern - she's keeping notes. Now, in life, quirks are good - it makes you ... quirky! In a knitting pattern? Not so much.

As my mum said when I was whinging to her: "You don't know you can't run until you fall flat on your face".

Argyle Scarf:

For my Dad's birthday in May, we decided together that he'd love me to make this argyle scarf from the latest Knit.1 magazine from Vogue Knitting:





This is the yarn my dad chose:


argyle scarf yarn
My attempt at a light tent using a cotton duvet cover


It's 4 different colours of King Cole Magnum Chunky (black, kinda burgandy, beige and cream).

The chart that came with the pattern was toooo small. So that I'd have a chance of seeing it without my glasses, I charted it myself in my spreadsheet programme by colouring the cell backgrounds.

Tubey:

I've made a start on this knitty pattern. There's nothing photo-worthy yet; it's just a large rectangle of knitted brown yarn.

I was planning on doing "something" with the pattern to make it work for me, but I'm now doubting myself a bit. I'll finish the sleeves bit of it, and then make a decision. Don't fall off the edge of your chair now!

General Geekiness:

I posted the finished shrug on the Ample Knitter's list and look what happened:

stats March 2006
Click to see the spike!


Ei Carumba!

More Geek:

My old image server is now defunct, so some of the pictures from older post may no longer be available. I still have them all (somewhere on a CD) so I'll transfer them over to Flickr when I've got a spare few hours.

A reader response:

Hi Cindy (2Paw) - blogger didn't give up an email address, so I'm doing this the "old fashioned" way! The Christmas episode of Doctor Who was excellent. The new Doctor is yummy (and Scottish - although he has a fake accent)! I can only speak for myself and my kin, but yes, we do wear socks and sandals (although only in the home). I hate my feet being encased in shoes and as soon as the temperature gets near double figures, the sandals come out!

Until the next time I have something to whinge blog about, ta-ra.

Technorati tags: ; ;
7:22 pm :: ::
3 Comments:
  • I have issues with Blogger!! It doesn't always let me post with my Typepad blog details, and insists on it's own way!! I have updated my Blogger ID so my email address is there!!
    Oh, How much longer do we have to wait!! David Tennant was excellent in Taking Over the Asylum, Casanova and Blackpool too!!! He will be a great Doctor!!!
    Socks and sandals is not just an Aussie imagining then? You really do!! Here you would be a figure of ridicule if you wore socks and sandals!!How about a hanky knotted on each of the corners and worn as a makeshift hat???
    Good luck with Acorn...Think of it as Knitting without a Net!!! On a catastrophe scale it's only a 1!!
    Wags and woofs,
    Cindy,
    Harki-Parki-Parker-Posey and
    Peri Naughty the Golden Labradors

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 06 April, 2006  
  • I'm rooting for you and your acorn pattern. I'm sure you can get it all worked out! Looking forward to seeing it!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Thursday, 06 April, 2006  
  • O'sadness, poor acorn, grief. =) Poor you! Moms always have that knack for bracing reality checks don't they? lol

    I can't wait to see the scarf in progress though! I can already invision the grandness of it! =)

    By Blogger JustApril, at Saturday, 08 April, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink