Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Whilst I was away

Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Not much happened really! I did manage some knitting, but not much. I finished the first "Dimple" sock back home.

Dimple Sock 1 done
Dimple sock 1 - worked toe-up.

It looks better on my foot, but wearing a thick woollen boot sock (even if for a few seconds) is not something I'm prepared to do. Even if it is all in the name of the blog! When I'm whinging about the cold and rain in the middle of February, I'll look back at this post and laugh.

Sewing.

I now remember why I stopped buying the British sewing magazine "Sewing World" - it makes me spend money!

New patterns:
Simplicity patterns

This fabric (below) will be for the dress pattern on the left.
Stretch poplin cotton

I may make some board or city shorts from this fabric, possibly using the trouser pattern (shortened) on the right. I was inspired by (and therefore hold wholly responsible) Silvia.
Shirting fabric swatch

I got the fabric from Fabric.com - the first time I have ordered fabric from the States (wish me luck - the order is still pending). The top one is a stretch cotton poplin called "Fiji Spice" and the bottom one is a stretch cotton shirting called "Cocoa Cream".

I'm off to suck an ice cube and dream of the Antarctic.


Technorati tags: ; ; ; ;
2:38 pm :: ::
4 Comments:
  • I have the Dimple pattern - maybe I should actually knit it, eh?

    By Blogger sheep#100, at Wednesday, 26 July, 2006  
  • Oooh...nice prints on those fabrics!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 26 July, 2006  
  • I like your fashion firecast!! It allows me to stock up on patterns in Winter, all ready for Summer!
    The Dimple sock looks very beautiful!!! I hope you get some cooler weather soon. Britain is not built for heat, nor (possibly) the British!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 27 July, 2006  
  • i love that site and the fabrics are so affordable too. I cannot believe how much more quilting fabrics are in the uk

    By Blogger alltangledup, at Sunday, 30 July, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink