Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Everybody's travelling

Thursday, July 13, 2006
And that includes me! I'll be standing in a field/in a stream/on a mountain for the next seven days and I don't think I'll have internet access. I'll try and post if I can, but no promises!

In the meantime, learn all about Shropshire here!

A slight bit of information for those not familiar with the Open University's way of working. The normal academic year (in England, anyway) runs from September to about July. However, the OU is from February to October. This has meant that I've done most of my work for my degree during the long, hot days of summer. However, it has been an advantage for crafting coming up to Christmas/my brother's birthday/my birthday.

Whilst I'm gone, I'll turn word verification back on. Since I turned it off, I've not had any really bad spam attacks, but I'd rather have some kind of protection in place when I'm not here watching it like a hawk!

As a parting "gift" I present you with a little sock bag I made for myself:

sock bag 001
Yes, I know the toggle doesn't really go with the camo fabric, but I think it's very ME!

EDIT: The pieces I used were an 8 cm radius circle and a rectangle of 44 cm by 24 cm. I used a 1 cm seam allowance throughout. I also used some metal eyelets and nylon cord for the closure.

sock bag 006
The black bits are two pieces of elastic I used to keep the double pointed needles together.
For bigger pictures, you know the drill (click, click!).
There are two more photos of the bag here.

And progress on the sock?
dimplesock 12-07-06 1


Take care of yourselves, and don't do anything I wouldn't do (send all inappropriate jokes to ...)

6:15 pm :: ::
9 Comments:
  • Your sock bag looks great! What sort of dimensions did you use?

    The dimple sock is looking awesome too! I love that is is purple :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 13 July, 2006  
  • Have a great trip!! You will be a woman out standing in the field of study!!!
    The sock is looking great. It is a nice periwinkle kind of purple. Heaven help me if I had camo bags, I would never find a thing!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 13 July, 2006  
  • Enjoy your trip! It'll be good to get away, esp. now that the paper is all finished, right? I like the camo bag with the pink toggle, very cute!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Friday, 14 July, 2006  
  • Nice sock bag! Have to remember that idea!

    By Blogger javede, at Friday, 14 July, 2006  
  • What a cute bag. I love that camouflage fabric!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 14 July, 2006  
  • Everybody's travelling - except for us right now! (not that we'll be making anyone envious when we head off in spring...)

    Have a cool trip, forget about the internet and chill!

    Oh, and hand painted yarns are open to other designs wanting to share free patterns.. no yarn freebies as far as I know though...

    By Blogger Woolly Wormhead, at Saturday, 15 July, 2006  
  • That is soo Cool! I think the toggle totally goes with the concept - seems to be the perfect size, too...

    By Blogger Bonne Marie, at Sunday, 16 July, 2006  
  • Well, we are all back in one piece, =) Hope you are enjoying yourself and getting all my esp posts =P. C U when you return to blogland.

    By Blogger JustApril, at Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
  • I hope you and your sock have yourselves a great trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink