Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

I'm goin' on a roooooad trip: Cancelled!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006
EDIT: Well, I ended up going about a mile and a half. En familie we were going to see my paternal grandmother. We got as far as the slip way to get on to the motorway when my mum had a massive panic attack. My dad had to pull on to the hard shoulder becuase she was really bad. After about 15 minutes, we came home and I stayed with my mum, while my dad and younger brother went anyway. I'm exausted and my mum is very upset. She used to be so very independent (even up to a few years ago) but a series of panic attacks has left her timid and practically house-bound. It's very distressing for me because I feel so helpless. Sorry for unburdening myself in this public manner, but the old cliche of "A Problem Shared is a Problem Halved" might work even better if more than one person read this!

Well, kinda! I'll be away for the day tomorrow (or today, depending on when you're reading this) but I've finished both "Sugar Almond" and the Sew I Knit shirt/blouse. Proper pictures will follow. In the mean time:

Stuff:

0: A Flickr group with (all) the Knits From Knitty
0: My Cricket Team might actually win something this year (fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed)
0: Hope for Giant Panda: apparently, there may be 3,000 pandas living in the wild in China. Yay!
0: I might have a snowball's chance in Spain of actually producing 2000 coherent words in my chosen subject before I leave for my residential school in the middle of July!
0: My "One Word" challenge is still on - come on people - you know me (mild swearing is allowed, as are hyphernations, or made-up words!)

Ta Ra!


Technorati tags: ; ;
9:41 pm :: ::
7 Comments:
  • Panic attacks suck. I used to get them, and can still feel them lurking occasionally. Everyone's panic attacks happen in their own private hell, and I can only imagine how difficult it must be to witness them. Just being there for her and helping her to feel that she doesn't to be anxious about getting anxious will be a huge support for her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
  • That's a shame. Sad for your mum,but sad for you too. Hope you get a trip away soon. Wish there was something I could add to help your mum.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
  • Amy, panic attacks are very boogelly and having someone there is a big help!!!
    How about 'Singular' to describe you????? I would quite like to be singular myself, Oh, I think I am!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
  • My GOODNESS! How awful. ((((hugs))) to you both. It's so hard to see someone you love go thru something traumatic like that while all you can do is watch helplessly until it passes. Sorry about your trip. {=/ So... now that four people have read and commented that means it's only 1/5 of the burden you had before, right? Of course, I've been in this comment box long enought that it's likely that I'm number 6 by now, instead of number 5
    =)*)

    By Blogger JustApril, at Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
  • 5 including you, I mean, duh 8-p

    By Blogger JustApril, at Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
  • Sorry to hear about your mum, If you ever need support ( of the distant kind :-) ) just yell. We will be here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
  • Sorry to hear about mum. Panic attacks are awful. I don't know if it's harder to be the one having them or watching a loved one go through something you can't do anything about.

    By Blogger Amy Boogie, at Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink