Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

K is for

Friday, June 02, 2006
Knitting!

Well, duh!

I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for this. My first idea was to take pictures of all my current projects, or all of my finished items. I could have snapped all the pre-blog and pre-website items. Instead, I went down the video route.


I knit what is called "Combination" or "Eastern Uncrossed". Before I learnt this technique I knit with the yarn in my right hand in a style commonly called "English" or "American". I used to hate purling. It would take me about twice as long to purl a row as to knit one.


As you will see from the videos, this is no longer a problem!


The movies are 30 seconds long and in MOV format (and AVI format) and this can be played in Quick Time, although most systems will already have this installed. There is no sound - just me in a very bright pink top and some yarn!


When you click on the links, you may be bombared with adverts and pop-ups. If you have a blocker installed, make sure it's turned on first! Sorry, but I can't find anywhere else to host them. The link for the videos is in the middle of the page.


My Knit Stitch. (7 MB)

Smaller sized video here in MPG format (2 MB)


My Purl Stitch (7 MB)


Smaller video here in MPG format (2 MB)

Sorry - not very dial-up friendly!


The smaller ones aren't working - but I am! I'll keep trying on making them more accessable. Just stay with me!

Oooookay! My wunderkind brother has done it! You may need some sort of magic jiggery-pokery thing found here if the videos don't play.


Technorati tags: ; ;
7:38 pm :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink