Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Jealous much?

Thursday, May 18, 2006
Well, yes I am, actually. I've been watching all these reports coming in from fellow bloggers about fibre festivals (or fiber festivals, since they are in the US!) and frankly, I'm a little envious. Luckily, green is a colour that suits me! I know that there is a sheep-related fesitival in Cumbria, but I don't have the time/energy/money to go. So for the time being, I'm living vicariously.

The time ...

A quarter to midnight on the 16th of May.
The place? In bed.
I had to try on the sock. The bane of my life. I didn't know if it would fit. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get it over my heel.

slls 16-05-06
WooHoo!!!!!!!


By the next day I was up to this:
slls 18-05-06
Glasses - check. Elizabeth Zimmerman - check. Darning needle - check. Sanity - huh? Wha?

Yesterday was my dad's birthday.

Remember that I was knitting the argyle scarf for his birthday? No, neither do I. I'm thinking a wool scarf will be the ideal mid-summer's present. When is the equinox?

Technorati tags: ; ;
2:47 pm :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Yay, sock-fittage!

    By Blogger sheep#100, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  
  • You're just as green as I am!
    I don't think there is anything even closely related to a fiber festival in Germany.
    Ah well, atleast our beer tastes better...

    By Blogger javede, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  
  • What is a Fibre Festival??? We don't have those here!!! Great sock - and great that it fits too!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
  • Yeah, I'm totally jealous, too, there are not very many of those near here. The cool ones are all up North. =( Not that I can afford to spend a mint on all that stuff at the moment, but I really want to go to one of these events just to look around.

    By Blogger JustApril, at Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink