Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Thud ...

Thursday, April 20, 2006
thud ... thud ...!

That's the sound of my head hitting my desk. My lovely test knitter (Hi Anne!) has knitted up Acorn AND IT DOESN'T FIT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT! I sent the original to Kerrie (Magknits) because she had the perfect model and that didn't fit either. I am seriously tempted to tell Kerrie to forget it and I'll stick to accessories from now on.

If all knitters were like Grumperina and liked a challenge, I'd go ahead and leave it as-is. However, because of the nature of the item, it's supposed to be an easy brain-turned-off pattern.

The pattern is going to require some serious re-working. Arrrggggggg - I'm an idiot!

I really am turning into a whinging pom!

EDIT: After a fairly good night's sleep and some "gardening" (putting compost on a rose and filling a pond with rain water) I feel much better. I'm going back to the drawing board with my calculator and I WILL BEAT THIS THING. MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Argyle Scarf:

In happier news, I'm going great guns on the scarf:

19-04-06 002
Front

19-04-06 003
Back with the bird's nest of ends



I don't think it will bear close scrutiny, but not bad for a first attempt at intarsia.

SLLS:

19-04-06 001


The lace socks may be too small. Following on from Lucy Neatby's advice on choosing needle size (smaller, smaller, smaller) I'm using my 2 mm bamboos. However, this means I get a gauge of around 10.5 sts per inch. Even with adding the extra 6 sts, these may not fit me. Having said that, I haven't blocked them and I did try them on at the end of the day when my feet were swollen. And the wind was blowing in the wrong direction. And the Earth is in the wrong part of it's orbit. And ...


Technorati tags: ; ;
2:05 pm :: ::
3 Comments:
  • The argyle looks wonderful!

    By Blogger AmyArtisan, at Thursday, 20 April, 2006  
  • What lovely scarfing and socking. I think knitting intarsia or fairisle or whatever would be so much better if there was no back at all!!! Never try things on when you are hot. I try to buy shoes when I am coolest!!!
    A good night's sleep can work wonders!! I am sure the boogelly problem will be sorted out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 20 April, 2006  
  • You'll get there :-)
    I'm waiting for some yarn ( that is out of stock) to test knit a summer top that is supposed to be in the July issue- ie finished by the end of May and it's 4-ply too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 20 April, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink