Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Getting Shirty

Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Well, it's a blouse, but y'know ...

blouse front
Front

blouse side
Side

blouse back
Back - the hem is straight. I'm the one that's wonky!


This is, without a doubt, one of the best fitting garments I have ever worn. Thanks to Burda, the ladies at my haberdashery and Sandra Betzina.

Pattern number: 3018
Company: Burda
Fabric: white cotton broidery anglais
Sizes used (not ready-to-wear equivalent): 20 (waist, back and upper chest), 22 (hips and bust) and 24 (upper arm).


Technorati tags: ; ;
12:35 pm :: ::
3 Comments:
  • very nice =) nothing like having something made FOR you specifically =) I'm wonky, too, btw... my mom noticed it when she was sewing for me =) scoliosis strikes again! lol

    By Blogger JustApril, at Tuesday, 18 April, 2006  
  • Hi, hope you don't mind random comments, I love your site :)

    What pretty fabric! I can never get things to fit either, that's why I learnt/am learning to sew.

    I'm showing my Canadian-ness here: a haberdashery (checks to make sure that's spelled right) is a fabric store, right?

    By Blogger Aimend, at Tuesday, 18 April, 2006  
  • Lovely blouse,very nice sewing!!! I'll have to look at the pattern sometime soon at the shops. Brace yourself : I once had a white broderie anglaise off the shoulder 'gypsy top' that I sewed. It was overprinted with tiny flowers. Isn't the non-conformity of sizes annoying????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 19 April, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink