Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Don't you knit anymore?

Monday, May 22, 2006
Apparently not! I present to you a summer(!) top made from a pink and purple camouflage duvet cover (I have two of them!)

The "Before" shot
pink camo top before
Front View
pink camo top side-front
Back View
pink camo top back
Close up of the "faking-it" facing where I cut it too short and had to do a 3-step zig-zag to join them (oops!)
pink camo top facing
Click on any of the pictures to make big, or click here for the rest of the photo set.


Fabric: Thin cotton/polyester camo print (duvet cover)
Pattern: Simplicity 5074
Sizes: So many I can't remember!
Modifications: Altered the pattern to fit me, but nothing else. Oh, yes, they show view C (the short top) with sleeves, but I made it without.


Technorati tags:
12:41 pm :: ::
4 Comments:
  • HOW cute! Very nice! I GOTTA get a sewing machine! Oh well, it's only b/c I am too picky that I don't have one yet. I want a nice one, but I don't want to shell out the big bucks for it. cheap me! ha

    I really like how that top fits you, very flattering =)

    By Blogger JustApril, at Monday, 22 May, 2006  
  • Good pattern, good sewn! I need one, but bit longer - just to cover my butt!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, 22 May, 2006  
  • OMGCB, how cool is that?? You look great - Oh I've looked at this pattern and ummed and ahhed but now I will definitely buy it!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 23 May, 2006  
  • Wow, you look fantastic in that!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 27 May, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink