Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

What's wrong with me?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Don't answer that! Anyway, have you heard Paris Hilton's debut single? I like it.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME? I shouldn't like it. It's Paris Hilton, for heaven's sake. This is a woman who's entire career has revolved around her crotch. Blegh! I'm going to have to shower now.

Not-knitting:

I have been on the yarn (I'm not off the wagon by any means), but what little I have done isn't worth sharing.
Instead, I've been sewing.

Back of the Shirt so far
sewiknit 14-06-06 back

After much trying-on and adjusting, I realised that I hadn't adjusted the front pieces enough. Not one to be defeated, I've decided to use what should have been the buttonband facing as extra front. To make a style feature of it I cut new facings crosswise on the fabric as you can see:

The New Buttonband
sewiknit 14-06-06 front

How the buttonband will look with the collar attatched.
sewiknit 14-06-06 collar



Random Stuff:

o: Awesome new free pattern for a panelled shawl over at Elann. There was/is some discussion on the Ample Knitter's list about up-sizing it to be more chunky-friendly. The general idea was to add more panels. I might try this - I've got a lovely silk/cotton yarn in my stash from Noro called "Lily", that would have a great drape and it would make a lovely trans-seasonal shawl.

o: Clarification from last post: I like football (soccer). No, I like good football. Besides, two words for you. Thierry. Henry. Hmmm....... {dribble, dribble} :cough: the ball, obviously!

o: Meat and Fish taste inherited. [insert your own lewd joke here]

And Because I was Bored:

You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative


88%

Existentialist


88%

Postmodernist


75%

Idealist


56%

Modernist


50%

Materialist


38%

Romanticist


25%

Fundamentalist


6%

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com



Technorati tags: ; ;
6:35 pm :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Yes, xcellent sewing solution - I have done that!! Now it is a design feature!!
    I am 88% Postmodernist and 63% Cultural Creative!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 15 June, 2006  
  • What's the saying about necessity and invention? The brain, has gone on vacation or something.

    We really are twins or something, mine was the same as yours...hm very mostly Cultural Creative, but I already forgot the percentages...nap time? yes, good idea.

    By Blogger JustApril, at Thursday, 15 June, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink