Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

L is for

Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Lotus Blossom shawl in Lorna's Laces (Shepherd Sport, but let's not spoil the "L's"!):

120905 001

120905 005

120905 006

L is also for "Long story, but worth it". The link to this was posted on the online conference for my university. It's the best description I've ever read of what it's like to have a chronic illness, and how you can explain it to "normal" people.


Technorati tags: ; ;
2:00 pm :: ::
6 Comments:
  • Lovely Lorna's laces looks luscious, looks loved!!!
    I love your Spoon link - that is EXACTLY how it is!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 08 June, 2006  
  • Beautiful,sexy,gorgeous shawl ! I want it ! ;-]

    I'm going to post the spoon link,linking back to you of course. It made me cry,for Christine,you,Oliver,Purlpower and me. I'm trying to decide if standing long enough for a shower is worth the pain,or to sit and wash. Some days arte short on spoons. Life's a bitch sometimes !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 08 June, 2006  
  • WOW what a beautiful piece of art **sigh** it's SO pretty.

    I'm all choked up over the spoons story, it's beautifully written and it's a great illustration. I got thru that to a very small degree with the whole migraine issue, if I use too many spoons from tomorrow's allotment, I'm down spoonless for 3 days =) It really works along so many lines. **sniff, sniff... whyaaaaaah** =((

    Thanks for sharing it, I'll never forget that story.

    By Blogger JustApril, at Friday, 09 June, 2006  
  • What a beautiful shawl! Simply gorgeous. Love the color too. What color is it?

    How's the knee? Getting any better?

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Friday, 09 June, 2006  
  • Great job with your shawl -- both the lace and color are beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 09 June, 2006  
  • Your Lotus Blossom Shawl is beautiful both patternwise and that gorgeous colourway.

    By Blogger KnitYoga, at Monday, 12 June, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink