Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Lotus Blossom is done

Monday, September 12, 2005
Imaganitive and original post title, I think you'll agree!

Image-heavy post ahead, but I think it's worth it.


120905 006
120905 007
120905 005
120905 003
120905 001





Pattern: Fiddlesticks Lotus Blossom Shawl
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Iris Garden. I used 2 skeins plus 5/7th of one (yes, I am a scientist and I did weigh it!).
Needle: 4.5 mm bamboo circular
Time taken to knit: 4 months on and off
Finished size: 32"/80cm by 66"/170cm (and probably could have got more if I hadn't run out of room on my "blocking area" a.k.a. my bed!)

More details on it's webpage here.

I. Love. This. Shawl.
11:30 am :: ::
11 Comments:
  • Amy, Amy, Amy your shawl is simply glorious and you look adorable in it. Wow, you do such beautiful work. Congratulations.Love the colour on you. A bit Jane Austen.

    Virginia

    By Blogger Virginia Waldron, at Monday, 12 September, 2005  
  • It's yummy, Amy! I love the colors. The beautiful lines of that lace pattern are just stunning, and the yarn you chose really complements the lace.

    By Blogger Shelda, at Monday, 12 September, 2005  
  • Your LBS looks BEAUTIFUL!! I just finished mine also! Fun knit wasn't it???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 13 September, 2005  
  • Amy, Lovely work. And I especially like the colors -- or should I say, I like the name of the colors. haha
    Iris In Iowa USA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 13 September, 2005  
  • Wow, Amy! I'm a bit behind on my blog readings and just came over and checked out your shawl. It's so beautiful. It always amazes me how lace just looks like a ball of nothing until you block it out. I always liked the colors you chose, but it goes so well with the lace and definitely worth the wait. Just beautiful

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Tuesday, 13 September, 2005  
  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Birth Express, at Friday, 16 September, 2005  
  • It turned out beautifully. Fiddlesticks patterns are such fun to knit. I love the color you choose, bright and cheery, it will be wonderful for winter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 20 September, 2005  
  • You did a beautiful job on this! And I'm so happy to see it because I have four balls of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Forest in my stash, which I hadn't thought of using for this pattern...but I will now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 21 September, 2005  
  • What a GORGEOUS shawl! You should be very proud of yourself for the wonderful stitching you've done -BRAVA!!!

    I have some Zephyr Wool/Silk in this bright color and you have inspired me to get it on the sticks QUICK!

    By Blogger Bonne Marie, at Wednesday, 21 September, 2005  
  • This turned out so beautifully!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 22 September, 2005  
  • A Lovely shawl. Beautiful colour, This one is on wish wish list -trouble is it is a very long list :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 22 September, 2005  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink