Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Proof - if it were needed

Sunday, July 09, 2006
That I've been working my little handknit socks off:

My pile of paper

Abstract: 241 words
Introduction: 510 words
Literature Review: just under 2000
My sanity? Worthless!

I wouldn't mind, but if I weren't going away on Friday, I'd have a full extra week to have this done. As it is, I've been working twice as long per day as I normally do. After my final check-through on Monday I may very well just stay in bed until Thursday (I do still have to pack!).

If anyone's vaguely interested in my subject area, just drop me a comment and I'll bore everyone to tears - hurrah! Cindy regrets asking, don't you Cindy (mad look in Amy's eye makes everyone back off).

Hum? What's what? What's that purple thing in the picture above? Erm ... no idea what you're talking about! You mean the sock-shaped thing? No, that's not a sock! It certainly isn't a Dimple Sock. Noooooo. No new knitting here. No. I'm all about the science right now. Yup.

And this isn't a better picture of a purple DK-weight sock either. No.

Toe-up Dimple Sock

EDIT: The sock-I'm-not-knitting isn't designed as toe-up, but I'm aiming to not-knit it until I get bored/run out of yarn - which ever is the sooner.

The original of the pile o' paper picture is a mega 2080 pixels by 1544 pixels - and you can see the text. So if you're sad bored curious, check it out!


Technorati tags: ; ;
1:55 pm :: ::
1 Comments:
  • We all need a little (think sock) distraction when staring at a computer screen for hours on end! Good luck with the paper!

    By Blogger Robin, at Sunday, 09 July, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink