Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

FO: Snake Skin Socks!

Sunday, November 19, 2006
Snake Skin socks finished 003


Snake Skin socks finished 001

Note **my mum's** very swollen ankle - and how the sock still fits! Yay!!!!

Yarn: Regia Silk in dark grey
Yarn source:Opitec UK
Pattern: Snake Skin Socks from the Six Sox yahoo group (August/September sock)
Size: 72 stitches (largest size)
Recipient: My mum
Needles: Set of 5 2.5 mm double pointed birch.
Toe/heel/cuff: Short row/reverse flap and gusset/A 2/2 rib, then 1 row 1/1 rib and sewn (grafted) cast off/bind off.
Modifications: Worked them toe-up using these instructions from the Socknitters website.

SSS 24-08-06 3SSS 24-08-06 1SSS 31-10-06 2SSS 15-10-06


Aaaaaaand relax .... I don't know just how long they took me (feel free to search if you want), but I'm now just one pair of socks behind the knit along now! I'm casting on for the "Iris Garden" pair today.


Technorati tags: ; ; ; ;
7:20 pm :: ::
8 Comments:
  • They look great!
    How is the Regia silk yarn? I'm thinking about buying some to knit my mum socks, but am not sure. Is it very slippery on the needles?

    Also, I hope your ankle is ok!

    By Blogger javede, at Sunday, 19 November, 2006  
  • Wow they look good:) Hope your ankle is better soon. I guess if I could get the hang of knitting socks as opposed to frogging socks these would be ideal for my muchly swollen ankles. Ah well one day maybe
    amber in scotland

    By Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul, at Sunday, 19 November, 2006  
  • Thanks for the comments - the ankle belongs to my mum actually, and that's how it get by the end of the day :(
    The Regia Silk is really soft and is kind of slippery - hence the birch needles!

    By Blogger AmyP, at Sunday, 19 November, 2006  
  • The socks look great! I'm sure your mum will love them. Are the Iris Garden socks the ones with the colorwork and using the Turkish cast-on?

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Sunday, 19 November, 2006  
  • Ouch your poor mum's ankles. The socks look great and the fit is perfect!!! I keep reading 'Irish' Garden!! It must be my convict heritage!!! (Pulls forelock, wears arrow prison clothing then throws off colonial chains!!!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, 19 November, 2006  
  • The socks look great. I hope your Mom's ankle is ok =(

    By Blogger JustApril, at Monday, 20 November, 2006  
  • They look lovely! I must cast om for my Iris Garden socks - but I keep changing my mind about what colourway to use :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, 20 November, 2006  
  • They match my ankles !
    Those are lovely socks. I'm sure your mum loves them and will wear them a lot. They look great.
    Will the pattern be released to non group members at a later date ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, 20 November, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink