Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Ritalin in the drinking water

Friday, October 27, 2006
I'm not an advocate of mass medication (far from it) but in my next-door neighbour's case I could make a great big exception. I'll leave it at that since I'm googleable (is that a word? Well, it is now!) but to say that I'm a knat's whisker from going medieval on their posteriors wouldn't be far from the truth.

Knitting? You want knitting?

Well, I can't give you much in the way of knitting or crafting because at the moment my default (or 0) position is taking care of my mum. She's having a very rough time of it at the moment (actually the past couple of years have been rough, so this is like a storm force 10 out at sea with only a pair of arm bands for support) so all my spare energy is going into looking after her. However, that doesn't stop me using PayPal!

Fabric from Cheap Fabrics.:
fabric haul

The shiny stuff at the top will be put to use as a long-sleeved jacket (view A from Simplicity Threads design 4238) and the other stuff is for stuff I can't tell you about!
I also got a copy of Yarn Forward magazine. I'd give you a link, but Kerrie's server went kappootski Everything seems fine, so here's the link (my pattern should be up there soon, I hope). The patterns are good - certainly much more my kind of thing than the other UK magazines are offering - but some of the pictures are very strangely formated. If it's a style thing, I don't like it, but if its not, they need to sort that out for the next issue!

Mystery Shawl

Mystery shawl 26-10-06 1

Progress on the applied border - something I've never done before! The red circle marks the center point - gulp!

mystery shawl border 26-10-06 1
mystery shawl border 26-10-06 2

Stitch Markers

I also made some more stitch markers (this time with glass leaves):

leaf stitch markers 1

I don't need any more stitch markers, so I'll probably pull my finger out, make some more and put them up on etsy soon-ish.
Hopefully, the next post won't take me over a week and a half, but no promises!
Hugs and whatnot!


Technorati tags: ; ;
1:22 pm :: ::
6 Comments:
  • Your Mystery Shawl is so beautiful.
    Boogelly neighbours:bane of my life. You have my sympathy.
    Hope there are some happy moments!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
  • The shawl looks wonderfull so far! I especially like the color.
    It was my first time with that kind of border too and it was a lot easier than I thought.
    I think the fabric link is wrong, isn't it? I was directed to a weird site.

    I wish you a lot of energy for you and don't forget to take atleast a tiny bit of time for you too!

    By Blogger javede, at Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
  • Javede's right - the link is http://www.cheapfabrics.co.uk - sorry about that!

    By Blogger AmyP, at Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
  • Sorry about the neighbors... :o(

    By Blogger sheep#100, at Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
  • Sorry about your mum =/ I hope she's better soon. The shawl IS awesome even if your neighbors give you a spazm in your posterior.

    By Blogger JustApril, at Sunday, 29 October, 2006  
  • So sorry to hear about your mum. I hope that she starts to feel better soon. The Mystery Shawl looks gorgeous.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Monday, 30 October, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink