Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Linking me, linking you

Monday, September 11, 2006
Aahhhhhhhaaaa! (Depending on your generation, and the kind of TV you watch, that will either be Abba, or Alan Partridge.)

I found this over on the "But you don't look sick" blog. Some of my favourites:

o: Really? That's not what my psychiatrist told me.
o: Would a bit of vomit help? Because I'm feeling quiet nauseous.
o: And you don't look stupid!
o: Are you flirting with me?
And finally...
o: Should I get a refund?
After 14 years, I've developed a pretty sick sense of humour myself! Of course, it's not all fun and games. Take, for example, howling uncontrollably for half an hour because you spilt your full cup of coffee. To be fair, I was very stress and tired after the fortnight from hell (still am).

Stuff from t'internet:

Very cool knit/crochet jumper, over at Crochet Me.
My picks from the new knitty: Lucie (very practical and pretty), Ivy (baby cable rib - my favourite!), Serrano (really pretty and practical), Lizzard Ridge (and if you can only look at one, let it be this!), Red Herring socks (a really good unisex pattern), Cable Net (really fancy-looking 1-stitch cable socks)

Now, having given myself two days off from the end-of-degree assignment, I'm back to the grind stone on Tuesday. Oh, I'm nearly there with the foot science. I just need four or five more data sets to make it to 20 (the magic number for small-time stats). You know how they say size doesn't matter? It does in statistics!


Technorati tags: ; ; ; ;
7:13 pm :: ::
4 Comments:
  • I LOVE Ivy, I want one now!! Except I am already kntting Pretty in Lime and the CPH and 3 pairs of socks and about a bazillion dishcloths!!! Oh I just looked at the links I saved for my blog and they are the 3 same jumpery things!! Cue Spooky Music!!! Love the Lizard Blanket and nice sock patterns too!! On the whole a very good Knitty!!
    Yes, I always feel that if only I had a missing limb or was bald people might think I was sick!!! Hope you had enough strength to make another cup of coffee!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 12 September, 2006  
  • I would cry over spilling my full fresh cup of coffee! and cry and cry

    and I have a good retort for 'You don't look sick' - "I know I don't but why do you?" hehehe

    By Blogger JustApril, at Tuesday, 12 September, 2006  
  • You know what I love about your blog. I really love the little diagrams at the edge that show how much progress (or not) you have made on each project.
    I wish I could knit dish cloths and keep track on a little diagram !!!!!!( dont worry ..2paw will hit me for that comment) but I do really like the diagrams.... very good for pathetic visual people like me who aren't too good with the numbers!!!!
    I am on holiday...I am making the rounds of blogs where I should have used my bloggers etiquette and read everones posts and leave comments for those who visit me. I am like a bad, unreliable pen pal.

    By Blogger MrsDrWho, at Tuesday, 12 September, 2006  
  • Haha! I love that first quote! Funny, now matter how stubborn someone can be arguing with you, as soon as you mention a psychiatrist they bend over backwards to agree with you ;) Shame it takes the mention of the 'psych' word to get acknowledgement...

    By Blogger Woolly Wormhead, at Wednesday, 13 September, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink