Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Seeing stars

Saturday, August 12, 2006
Nope, I haven't been KOed (for years I thought that was a dyslexic mispelling! The joys of having family members with a learning disability!), I've signed up for a swap over at Craftster. The theme is "Stars" and going off the previous 3 swaps it should be great fun. If you're already signed up at Craftster and have made a minimum number of posts, sign up (they close next Sunday, the 20th)! I've already started gathering stuff in anticipation. I can't show anything here becuase it's not an anonymous exchange and my blog URL is in my signature over there.

Photos 'n' stuff:

I've uploaded a shed-load of photos from pre-Flickr times here. If you'd like to laugh at admire my early work it might be worth a look.

Bonny Charms:

Bonny Charms 12th August
Click for a larger view - external link to Flickr.

The light quality is shocking at the moment, so I'm afraid this is the best I can do! I made some yarn bobbins out of a shoe box (bottom left of the picture). I'm doing two-handed colour work. There is a mistake in the chart, so if you buy the magazine just be aware of that.

SLLS:

Just finishing the toe on the second sock and then I've got to undo the toe on the first. If all goes according to plan, I should have these finished by Monday (as will the stripey shorts be).

SLLS near there!
Simply Lovely (!) Lace socks - the bane of my life!

Safety First!:

DPN case

I have a terrible fear of breaking my birch and bamboo double-pointed needles (good to know you're not alone, hey April?!) so I bought this cute little box when I was out in town on Thursday.

Well, until Monday (at the earliest) when I should have some more finished stuff to show.


Technorati tags: ; ;
4:20 pm :: ::
3 Comments:
  • hehehehe YES, very nice to know I'm not alone in that! I should really do the SLLS one of these days, I guess. It just stinks that they took 2 friggin months to get me the pattern so I totally lost my momentum =(

    I like the Bonny Charms thing! I want to try Fair Isle very soon, in the form of a little dress vest for my 7yrold.

    So many projects in my head!(to keep the voices company and give them something to do)

    By Blogger JustApril, at Saturday, 12 August, 2006  
  • OK, so you've been really really busy!! I think you should have a photo wearing lots of things you have made!!! Almost everything. Now THAT"S a photo!!
    So are the SLLS not simple, or lovely??? The look pretty good!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, 13 August, 2006  
  • I like how you store your dpns!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 15 August, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink