Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Christmas crafting

Thursday, August 03, 2006
DON'T PANIC!!! I'm only in the planning stages (so far). Here's the background. In this counrty there is a BBC TV channel called BBCThree (it's on digital) and their logo/mascots are these cute little orange blobs; see? My brother is clearly insane likes them. I'm going to make him one. It's still in the rough design stage at the moment:

BBCThree Blob

and I'm still not sure if it's going to be crocheted or knitted. I'm thinking it could be like those Japanese crocheted dolls, Amigurumi. So, if anyone has any ideas, just leave me a comment or an email, and good crafting carma karma will come your way (plus you'll make my brother's little tiny mind very happy).

Sewing!

My little mock-up of the stripey shorts:
shorts mock up
The PaintShop line is where the waist will actually be. And they'll fit better!

I have a desperate need for affirmation. Please vote, or I turn the fabric into fun fur-trimmed cushions. Of course, I may very well go against the popular opinion and do what I want anyway, but it's fun!


Are the shorts a go?
Hell Yeah!
Are you insane? No!
Free polls from Pollhost.com



Technorati tags: ; ;
11:40 am :: ::
4 Comments:
  • The One Skein book has some little felted bowls. That is as much help as I can be!!! The blobby thing is, however, very cool. You lose marks for mentioning Christmas though. Who are you? KMart????? On the shorts front (and back) I am not a shorts person, people have enough to deal with being confronted with my calves, but MrsMacGyver is and she would wear these as they are L O N G!!! So I will vote accordingly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 03 August, 2006  
  • With a lower waist those shorts are going to be stylin'. Go for it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 04 August, 2006  
  • I like the stripey shorts idea - go for it. Ilove the little orange creature - bought a tub of playdo the other day with an animation idea in mind...but a knitted one :) Brilliant.

    By Blogger ravelling, at Friday, 04 August, 2006  
  • Thanks everyone! The "shorts" in the picture is really just the fabric draped and pinned in appropriate places!

    By Blogger AmyP, at Friday, 04 August, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink