Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Happy Socktoberfest!

Monday, October 02, 2006
Socktoberfest

Just like Oktoberfest, but with less beer. Well, maybe with a tad less beer. Well, with more sock knitting, anyway! I'm officially signed up and I've even downloaded a button, I've just forgotten to add it to the blog or indeed do any sock knitting in this month (so far)! For inspiration, just check out the Socktoberfest Flickr group.

Socks:

I'm ready to cast off the first Snake Skin Sock. For toe-up socks I've found that grafting the knit and purl stitches of a 1/1 rib works really well. It looks fluted off the leg (like my Dimple sock), but it's perfect in terms of stretch.

Snake Skin Socks

Non-sock stuff:

Checked shirt sleeve mock-up

This is a mock-up of the sleeve for the tunic-length shirt. It's supposed to have a dart (keeping) and some pleats (not keeping). I realised that the pleats wouldn't work for me, at least not permanant ones. I tend to layer because of my poor temperature control and poofed-up sleeves just wouldn't cut it. I had a brain wave and wondered whether rouching (rooching, ruching?) would work. Hence the mock-up at the bottom of the picture. Me likey!


Technorati tags: ; ; ;
7:45 pm :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Oh, loverly socks!!! When I did a toe up pair it was the casting off that I didn't like, apart from the heel and the toe and...... I went to a fashion show once where the man called it 'runching'!!! I don't do pleats on trousers, I don't need to emphasise my hips!! They do that already by themselves!
    I must sew a dress soon before it is too hot!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, 02 October, 2006  
  • Yaay Socktoberfest! Your sock is awesome =) naturally.

    By Blogger JustApril, at Tuesday, 03 October, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink