Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

YAKAL

Saturday, December 03, 2005
Yet Another Knit A-Long!



This time, it's a hat-based one called "If the Hat Fits". I joined because on Monday and Tuesday I did this:

30-11-05 00930-11-05 012

sirdar denim ultra hat 002sirdar denim ultra hat 003


And busted my wrist in the process. Humph. Knitting with super-thick yarn on US15 needles hurts.

Yarn: Sirdar Denim Ultra Chunky in Heather
Needles: Size US15/10 mm (precisely 9.95 mm) Denise Interchangeable set
Pattern: my own Harry Hat one (again)

Your Personality Profile

You are dependable, popular, and observant.
Deep and thoughtful, you are prone to moodiness.
In fact, your emotions tend to influence everything you do.

You are unique, creative, and expressive.
You don't mind waving your freak flag every once and a while.
And lucky for you, most people find your weird ways charming!
The World's Shortest Personality Test


Pretty accurate, I think!

Arien cardigan:

Woo-hoo! Sleevage!

arien 002

arien 003


I forgot to take account of the cables pulling the fabric in when I calculated the number of stitches at the wrist and therefore the rate of decrease. I wasn't a huge problem, I just dropped down a few stitch to un-do a decrease a few rows below and everything was fine.

Amble:

I've been working on them on-and-off because I can't knit them whilst watching anything significant on TV, and I tend to want to complete an entire pattern repeat in one sitting. That aside, this is the progress I've made:



Not too bad!

I photographed the first sock with it, just to prove (to myself?) that I really had started the second one!

The new Six Sox pattern is now up, and it's a Shadow-knit sock with a heart motif.



I'm not a big "heart" fan, especially after I found out what it is a representation of (and it ain't your heart), but I think I've come to terms with it and since they are only socks, I think I could live with it!




This post was brought to you by the Sciatic Nerve, an orthapedic mattress and the wireless internet! Humph again.
12:43 pm :: ::
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink