Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Snooker Loopy

Thursday, October 06, 2005
Loop-d-Loop

I've ordered this book from the library (no sign of it yet) but I've been browsing through this Yahoo Photo Album of the book and, Javede, don't take this the wrong way, but it all looks terribly German. I don't mean that in a negative way but, if you had a German Student exchange programme at school, you'll know what I mean! I'm interested in the steek tank (as seen here) and I'm thinking about using the rest of the Rowan Cotton Tape left over from Ribbon ll-back.

EDIT: I should clarify what I said. I don't mean it in an insulting way to say something looks German, it's just the style of it reminds me of all those high school students I met during the exchanges. I actually like some of the styling - it's very free and individual. Sorry Javede! Forgive me? :)

Uber/Very.

Speaking of Germany, look what I "acquired" to knit Ubernatural in:




5 honkin' big balls of Sirdar Denim chunky in "Slate Blue". The tension of this yarn is exactly twice that called for in the pattern so the two-times-table will come into force big time! This is, of course, after my exams and after I've knit Rogue, and Martha, and that lace cardigan that's been a WIP for two years, and a ton of socks and ... Or I could just cast on anyway because, erm ... well I need some TV/Football knitting - don't I?

Super Trooper.

Do you like my new profile figure?


It got it from Stor Troopers. Betcha didn't know I wore glasses! They are only reading ones though, but since I stuck myself next to a computer I thought I'd better be factually accurate! Apart from the fact that it's a UK size 12 and I'm well, errr... not, it's pretty good. Although, it does seem to bear a striking resemblance to Jennifer Garner. Weird!

It's a Mystery!?



Well, I know it's a lace shawl, but other than that it's a mystery!


And Finally:

Since the joke of the week went down well last time (with Peatbogfaery, anyway), here's one more:

Top Ten Things that Never Happen on Star Trek

  1. The Enterprise runs into a energy field of a type it has encountered several times before.

  2. The Enterprise goes to visit a remote outpost of scientists, who are all perfectly alright.

  3. Some of the crew visits the holodeck and it works properly.

  4. The crew of the Enterprise discovers a totally new lifeform, which later turns out to be a rather well-known old life-form wearing a funny hat.

  5. The crew of the Enterprise is afflicted by a mysterious plague, for which the only cure can be found in the well-stocked Enterprise sick bay.

  6. The captain has to make a difficult decision about a less advanced people which is made a great deal easier by the Starfleet Prime Directive.

  7. An enigmatic being composed of pure energy attempts to interface with the Enterprise's computer, only to find it has forgotten to bring the right leads.

  8. A power surge on the bridge is rapidly and correctly diagnosed as a faulty capacitor by the highly trained and competent engineering staff.

  9. A major Starfleet emergency breaks out near the Enterprise, but fortunately some other ships in the area are able to deal with it to everyone's satisfaction.

  10. The Enterprise is involved in a bizarre time-warp experience which is in some way unconnected to the late 20th century.
From JokeTribe.


Don't expect this to be a very regular feature, but during the northern hemisphere winter, I think we need some good jokes. So, I throw down the gaunlet to all you geeks and nerds out there: tell me your favourite geeky/nerdy joke by emailing me at ape182uk[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk and if I snort coffee out of my nose, I'll post it.


Ta, Ta.


P.S.:

Apologies to those who haven't had the pleasure of The Two Ronnies, but today marked the passing of a true comic genius, Ronnie Barker. He's the only person who made me laugh so hard I thought I had developed a hernia (The Hieroglyphics sketch, for those who want to know).

6:00 pm :: ::
5 Comments:
  • I don't know what you mean with it looking german, but than I guess it's the same when I would point out something looking british ;-)

    The steel tank really looks interesting.

    By Blogger javede, at Thursday, 06 October, 2005  
  • Oh, sorry Amy!
    I didn't took it wrong. I understood that you liked the style! I really wasn't upset or something. Darn, sometimes this internet communication gets complicated :-)
    And I guess me not beeing a native english speaker doesn't make it easier ;-)
    I forgive you if you forgive me ;-)

    By Blogger javede, at Thursday, 06 October, 2005  
  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger javede, at Thursday, 06 October, 2005  
  • OK, I'm starting to geek out a little. I didn't know I had a British double somewhere. My nickname has always been 'ape' - people always call me Amy (?) and I LOVE Star Trek, not enough to go to the conventions (NOT that there's anything WRONG with that!) - Oh yeah, I'm also rather frightened of entrelac. LOL Cool blog and I like your character, too, and the palatte of sheep, that look like paints. Are you an artist?

    By Blogger JustApril, at Friday, 07 October, 2005  
  • I have to copy Javede and post 2 - the joke, GREAT! I was laughing a little too much I think, since it's a window into my nerdiness - snort

    By Blogger JustApril, at Friday, 07 October, 2005  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink