Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Joke of the week

Wednesday, September 28, 2005
There are 10 Types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don’t.

Knitting.

Sparten pickings here, I'm afraid.

Progress on the probability tank (armhole shaping done and dusted):



I'm working both at the same time, because they are identical and I am lazy time frugal.

And a new and (supposedly) quick project, Aunt Alm's Dorm boots.



I'm using 100% wool DK that I dyed myself. That is half of the garter stitch soles. My current slipper socks/TV socks have worn through the heel three times, so I thought I should treat myself to some more!

I hold out zero hope that I'll finish the Amble socks before the end of the month (I only have half of one sock at the moment), but I can see the end in site for my revision which always means more knitting time.

In good, university-related news I've passed the continuous assessment part of both my courses, so I just need 40% or more in the exams to pass the courses as a whole. However, the level of the pass of these courses will determine the class of my degree. I was hoping for a 2.2, but I may end up with a 3rd class*. Given what I've had to battle through to get even to this stage (a tale for another time) I think that's something of a minor miracle!

My first exam is two weeks on Friday, so you might not see another post from me before then, but don't worry. I'll probably be bashing my head against a book in a vain attempt to force the information into my brain!


*In the British Degree classification, the top level is a 1st, then a 2.1, 2.2, 3rd or fail. I don't know if this is the same or different for other places.
1:30 pm :: ::
2 Comments:
  • About the lacewieght merino... there are tons of things to choose from in Gathering of Lace, but if you fancy doing somthing totaly different you could sign up for the mystery shawl along two.

    Go here - http://tinyurl.com/9o3se
    if you are interested.

    The colour of the Berroco top is lush btw :)

    By Blogger Uknitty, at Wednesday, 28 September, 2005  
  • LOL at that joke :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 28 September, 2005  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink