That's right people, I have a finished object!
Please excuse some of the body-only shots. I was having a bad head day!
Pattern: Berroco Caroline Tank Top
Size: I worked it as the smallest size (33") and with the gauge difference it worked out perfectly to fit around 42-44".
Yarn: Rowan Cork (discontinued) in Hearten (an already discontinued shade anyway). I used about 7 balls, maybe 6. I started off with 15 balls and knit this with some of it. I used most of what was left.
Needles: US 11 Denise Interchangeables.
Notes: I used probability to determine whether each of the cables would cross front or back. See this post for more details. I wasn't super happy with the 1/1 rib at the sides, but hey - can't have everything! There is a mistake in the pattern with the final number of stitches that are left on a holder for the next band (they've overestimated).
Here is what I have on the needles right now (a shorter list than I'd thought):
- Mystery Shawl 2 [lace]
- Amble Socks [texture]
- Martha Lace cardigan [lace]
- Wendy wools pink lace cardigan (been a WIP since Moses was a lad so it can wait a bit) [lace]
- I do shrug (still not cast on for the second half) [lace]
Here's what I need to start for Christmas/Somebody's Birthday:
- A cable cardigan for my mum [texture]
- Something from MenKnit for someone[plain] (no names here, just in case. Wink, wink!)
- 2 pairs of Cigar gloves from Knitty.com [plain but with fiddly bits]
- A scarf and a pair of fingerless mittens for A Friend. [plain]
Things I'd like to start (just for me):
- Rogue (how long have I been threatening this?) [plain but with complex cables]
- Picovioli [plain]
- Ubernatural [plain]
- Some more socks just for me [1 pair plain for TV knitting & 1 pair interesting for my sanity].
I'm glad I'm not the only one with so many different projects in the works.By Wanda, at Friday, 21 October, 2005
Great job on the tank, I love the color and it looks really nice on. I would imagine it's pretty warm as a tank and good for the winter.
That tank looks fabulous!By javede, at Friday, 21 October, 2005
The nerd in me loves the probability factor in the cables!
The tank looks great , lovely warm colour. Your christmas list is way longer than mine good luck!By Janine, at Friday, 21 October, 2005
I lived in Norway for donkey's years and have a good few knitting contacts there. I'll ask around and see whether anybody has the booklet you're after. Unfortunately, you can't buy the booklets without the yarn :(By Sharon J, at Friday, 25 November, 2005
AmyP :: permalink