Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Eff-Ohh!

Thursday, October 20, 2005
EDIT: my image server decided to have a day off (again) so I'm transfering some of my stuff over to Flickr.

That's right people, I have a finished object!


Front:




Side:



Back:




Please excuse some of the body-only shots. I was having a bad head day!


Pattern: Berroco Caroline Tank Top
Size: I worked it as the smallest size (33") and with the gauge difference it worked out perfectly to fit around 42-44".
Yarn: Rowan Cork (discontinued) in Hearten (an already discontinued shade anyway). I used about 7 balls, maybe 6. I started off with 15 balls and knit this with some of it. I used most of what was left.
Needles: US 11 Denise Interchangeables.
Notes: I used probability to determine whether each of the cables would cross front or back. See this post for more details. I wasn't super happy with the 1/1 rib at the sides, but hey - can't have everything! There is a mistake in the pattern with the final number of stitches that are left on a holder for the next band (they've overestimated).


Priorities:


Here is what I have on the needles right now (a shorter list than I'd thought):

  1. Mystery Shawl 2 [lace]
  2. Amble Socks [texture]
  3. Martha Lace cardigan [lace]
  4. Wendy wools pink lace cardigan (been a WIP since Moses was a lad so it can wait a bit) [lace]
  5. I do shrug (still not cast on for the second half) [lace]

Here's what I need to start for Christmas/Somebody's Birthday:

  1. A cable cardigan for my mum [texture]
  2. Something from MenKnit for someone[plain] (no names here, just in case. Wink, wink!)
  3. 2 pairs of Cigar gloves from Knitty.com [plain but with fiddly bits]
  4. A scarf and a pair of fingerless mittens for A Friend. [plain]
I've joined the Peaceful Palms KAL over at Nona's to help me keep motivated with points 3 and 4.




Things I'd like to start (just for me):

  1. Rogue (how long have I been threatening this?) [plain but with complex cables]
  2. Picovioli [plain]
  3. Ubernatural [plain]
  4. Some more socks just for me [1 pair plain for TV knitting & 1 pair interesting for my sanity].
Suppose I'd better crack on then!
8:05 pm :: ::
4 Comments:
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one with so many different projects in the works.
    Great job on the tank, I love the color and it looks really nice on. I would imagine it's pretty warm as a tank and good for the winter.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at Friday, 21 October, 2005  
  • That tank looks fabulous!
    The nerd in me loves the probability factor in the cables!

    By Blogger javede, at Friday, 21 October, 2005  
  • The tank looks great , lovely warm colour. Your christmas list is way longer than mine good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 21 October, 2005  
  • I lived in Norway for donkey's years and have a good few knitting contacts there. I'll ask around and see whether anybody has the booklet you're after. Unfortunately, you can't buy the booklets without the yarn :(

    By Blogger Sharon J, at Friday, 25 November, 2005  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink