Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

Aims and deadlines

Tuesday, February 28, 2006
I likes my lists. So, here's the mother of all knitting/uni lists to chew on (for posterity/motivational purposes)

  • I need to finish knitting the first version of the June Magknits pattern by the middle of March. I will then type up the pattern, print it off and knit another version as a "punter". All of this by the end of April (the deadline for submission).
  • I want to finish my Martha Cardigan by the second week in July at the latest. Why then? Because that's when my residential school starts and I think it would be the perfect "Brrr... it's a bit cool in the classroom/on the hill/in this field - I need to warm up a bit" cardigan.
  • I'd like to start and finish another pair of socks by the middle of April (my own design - for my mum)
  • I have to finish the "I Do" shrug before I scratch my own eyes out with boredom.
I am Miss Piggy:

I told my mum I'd done this quiz and I asked "And which character do you think I turned out to be?".
[no pause, straight face] Mum: "Miss Piggy".
Genius!

Magknits June:

Which shall hence forth be known as "Acorn".





I'm still wrestling with the double pointed needles, but that wont be for too much long.

Finally spending my birthday/Christmas money:



After the gloves-that-nearly-ruined-my-knitting-career, I decided to build up my stock of bamboo/wooden needles. I'd tried to make my own from some bamboo skewers, but the plant fibres were too loose and caught on the wool when I was knitting with them.

So, we have double points in 2, 2.5 and 3 mm:



And an 80cm circular needle in 4 mm:



And, ermm... In the background? Yarn? What yarn? Oh that yarn.



No, that's not Patons Diploma Gold Aran in Cocoa. To knit Tubey. No. I didn't break my own (bendable) resolution. Nope.

All supplies from a great firm in Scotland called McA Direct. Not affiliated in any way, shape, or form (I wish), just a very satisfied customer.

And Finally:

Chocolate is good for you - it's official. Woohoo!

Technorati tags: ; ; ; ; ; ;
4:15 pm :: ::
1 Comments:
  • I love my clover bamboo Dpns are those the shorter length ones? I have a cuple of pairs of their 16cm ones - they are great for socks.
    Hope you meet your Magknits deadline - mine's for the May issue :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 28 February, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink