Dyed in the Wool
A dyed-in-the-wool knitter shares mainly fibre-related information, updates and musings (with the occasional moan about the weather!).

FO: Checked shirt

Tuesday, December 19, 2006
checked shirt on me 1

checked shirt on me 2

The dancing shot - a la Becky

checked shirt on me 3

Checked shirt - side seamChecked shirt - collarChecked shirt - security pocket openChecked shirt - back flat

More photos on Flickr here


Name:Black and White checked shirt
Pattern: Simplicity 4171
Fabric: Viscose/polyester blend
Fabric source: My local haberdashers
Modifications: Shortened the length (to change it from a shirt dress to a shirt) and cut it smaller in the waist and larger in the upper arm as usual. Added a security pocket in the right side seam to fit my travel pass and some loose change.
Notes: I love it! The pattern is one with three cup sizes so you don't have to do the hard work yourself! Ignore the measuring instructions in the booklet. I came out as a C-cup - HA! I could have done with a tad more room in the busom area (I'm wearing a minimiser in the photos so it looks better) but apart from that it's all good!


Technorati tags: ; ; ;
8:15 pm :: ::
5 Comments:
  • Yey - well done! Looks a good fit, too. Reminds me that I need to do some sewing. Would help if I hadn't sold my sewing machine....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 19 December, 2006  
  • That looks great, Amy! I like that it is fitted and the black and white print is great.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 19 December, 2006  
  • Nice job! I really ought to geet back to dress making on my sewing machine. these days the only thing i use it for are dance costumes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 20 December, 2006  
  • Wow, just great! It really fits you well!
    Wish I had the courage to tackle something like it...

    By Blogger javede, at Wednesday, 20 December, 2006  
  • Very cool arty shots, nice hair, and the shirt looks very good, I like the Becky shots!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 21 December, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

AmyP :: permalink